Sunday 1 March 2015

updated makeup collection

MAKEUP MAKEUP MAKEUP, what more could a teenage girl want? For the last two years now my collection has been growing more and more, with me buying more products and being introduced to amazing brands. I thought since the last time I talked about the makeup I've been using was quite a while ago, I'd do an updated post on the latest of what I've been wearing and buying. If you're interested, please keep reading!





The foundation I've been wearing for nearly two years now is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in the shade 55 Dark Beige, which was given to me by my cousin, so I don't know how much it cost (sorry). I think the colour really suits my skin tone, however the only problem I have with it, is that it doesn't have much coverage. Due to the long date I've had it as well, the bottle has actually finished, therefore I need a new foundation pronto. I really want a good well known brand to splurge on next and have my eye on the MAC and NARS products, as I've read and heard great reviews about their foundations. 



Moving on to my new Sleek Face Form Contour Kit... I LOVEEEEEE IT!!!! I've got the extended version, which also has a brown blush with it and wow, the contour powder and highlighter is absolutely amaaazing!! I've only used a little bit of everything and my sister has a fancy for the product too, so she's been helping me out a bit. Honestly, I'm so happy I've finally got my hands on something like this! These days, contouring is everything. I know that this was £10, even though it was a present from my sister, but I think it's only £7, without the blush.



To make sure all of that stays on for the whole day and doesn't end up cakey, I apply my Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser for smooth, pore less looking skin, however I can't really tell if it works or not. Once I only put it on one side of my face and not the other to see if I could see a difference, but I still couldn't. I think I might need to invest in a better recommended product, or something more high end. This was £7, an alright price but I'm quite disappointed, because I love the Baby Lips range.



Recently I picked up the Maybelline Instant Anti Age Concealer and my god, I don't know how I never used this before. Thank the lord for all of the good reviews I've heard about it or else I would've been really disappointed. Honestly, this just makes my makeup look 100x better, more smoother and just on fire! It was quite pricey at £8 I think, but so worth it. I've only had it for about 2 weeks, and it's finishing so quickly *cries*.



When I first bought my beauty blender, I didn't really know how to use it and was quite unhappy, because I was seeing all of these bloggers applying their makeup with it and looking amazing. After a while I got the hand of it and now I love using it to apply my foundation and concealer. I find it so perfect to get everything in the right places, especially applying anything under the eyes, cause of the shape of the sponge. Mine only cost £1.99 from H&M which is such a bargain, but I'm sure if you get a high end one, it'll be much pricier. 



I've got two bronzers, and there's a really light shaded one that I use to set my foundation by MUA, so that it doesn't move or become cakey. The next one is a very shimmery bronzer by Body Collection and too be honest, I've only used it twice and I can tell you that it's very very pigmented. I know this cause once I looked like an orange to dinner. 



Brows make my face and they're so in right now. I really want to invest in the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipdrow Pomade, as I've heard great things, but they're quite pricey at £12 for a brow product. At the moment I'm using the Beauty UK brow definition kit and well, it's doing all the right things. There's a wax and then three different shades of brown to match your hair, and I use the darkest colour. 



For eyeliner I still use the Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner as it works wonders for me. I get such precision with the brush and the colour is jet black. I want to try something new though as my makeup's getting really boring and old. 



No7 Extreme Length Mascara is the one I've been using for a long time now and it makes my lashes so long it's unbelievable. The fact that it's waterproof too just makes it more appealing, even though I don't cry! I don't know how much it was as my sister gave it to me but I think I wanna try out new brands.



Blush is also by No7, and I have this beauty in the shade Coral Flush, which is a lovely pink colour. The powder is really pigmented, which is great as I don't have to use a lot of product to get a lovely touch. The best results, require a minimal look.



Obviously for lipstick, I'm going to mention my beautifuuullllll MAC baby. I've got an amazing dark plum purple colour which is called Sweet Succulence and in the shade A53. The way it applies itself is amazing and the pigmentation is great. It's a lustre finish lipstick and looks fab on all skin tones. If you want to read more about this product, please follow the link. MAC



That's all I'm going to mention in this post as my full collection is going to be too much to write about. I hope you enjoyed and please stay tuned for future posts.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns