Friday 4 December 2015

Mac's Fix+ vs. Makeup Revolution's Oil Control Fixing Spray.


Nowadays, all you see beauty youtubers and makeup artists use is different types of fixing and setting sprays to keep their makeup looking fresh and on for a long period of time, so today I'm going to be discussing the pros and cons of one very well known product and possibly an underdog waiting to be discovered. If you're interested in finding out more about these two products please keep on reading and I hope that you enjoy :)

Fix+ (linked here)... everyone's one and only! Well I only got mine the other day, as I was doing some shopping on the Mac website and I thought it was time that I jumped onto the bandwagon and boy am I glad. Even though my bottle is practically brand new, I have used the product before on several different occasions and have really liked it. I know a lot of people who also have it and I've heard mixed reviews so I really wanted to buy my own and see what I thought. Before 'spilling' (*laughing emoji #pun*) too much, I'll fill you guys in on the other lovely item. 


I'd like to think that Makeup Revolution is a well known brand because they do provide some amazing makeup, for such affordable prices too. I got recommended the Oil Control Setting Spray (linked here) by one of my family friends who's obsessed with makeup too and I'm so happy that I bought it because it's fab! Compared to £17 (which is the price for Fix+), I bought the makeup revolution setting spray for only £5! To think that I could buy 3 of them, and only 1 fix+ is pretty ridiculous, but they're both definitely worth it.


The only thing I don't like about fix+ is how it feels on my face when I spray it, because it actually feels like there's water on my face, and I swear to god it takes forever to dry. Whereas with the setting spray, it comes out as a mist which sets into my skin really nicely and doesn't feel annoying. Fix+ is just a smidge better at stopping creasing on my face and this is probably really stupid, and shouldn't even count, but because it's a high end product, I feel like it works more and I feel better when I put it on :) Other than that, they're pretty smiliar in about everything. They both provide 100ml worth of product. Fix+ just looks a bit more classier and to be honest is way more beautiful - Even the packaging it comes in is so gorgeous!


If you're feeling a bit iffy about purchasing Fix+ and/or the setting spray, you should know that they've got more than one purpose. As well as using both as a primer before your makeup and also after to set it all in place, you can also use both to help with the pigmentation of products. For example, if you're having trouble with showing a shimmery dark shade on your lid, spray some product onto your brush and then dip it into the shadow and you'll be in love with the end result.


I think that it you're on a budget, you should try out the Makeup Revolution Oil Control Setting Spray, as it does help to take away that shiny face look, but if I'm giving you all my honest opinion, I love Mac's Fix+ a little more. I think that it's a great investment and that's not just what I think, but a lot of other makeup enthusiasts too. I've only had it for a short while, but I have a feeling I will always repurchase it! 







In the two pictures above, I'm wearing the Makeup Revolution Oil Control Setting Spray and in the two pictures below, I'm wearing Mac's Fix+.





I hope that you enjoyed reading this post and I hope that it was helpful :)

Follow me...
Instagram: @sumayyahakhter
Twitter: @sumayyahakhter
Tumblr: @macaroonsmakeupandmeworld

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns