Saturday 14 November 2015

My Top 8 Most Used BRUSHES.

Ahhh brushes. They could just be the main reason for the perfect faces of Huda Beauty and NikkieTutorials, other than of course the fact that they're amazing at applying makeup and are naturally beautiful anyway. In today's post, I'm going to be talking about my top 8 most used brushes, essentially all of the brushes I use in my everyday makeup routine. So stay tuned if you're interested in knowing what are some of my faves to use on my face and why - Let's just jump straight into it! :)



As it would be extremely easy for you guys to follow along this way, I've decided to write about the brushes in order of appliance, so first up is the brush I use for my foundation.


I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply my foundations and BB Creams, as I love how dense it is. It blends the product really nicely into my skin and doesn't leave brush hair lines (as long as you buff and not drag). I've tried to use a large duo fibre brush from Primark to apply my foundation once, but it was way too soft and just didn't work for me when I tried putting the foundation on, hence I've stuck to my trusty RT one. Because of the brush's size, it covers the area of your face really quickly, so you're not spending ages on just one part of your makeup routine. As well as it being really good, it's also very cheap compared to other foundation brushes. I bought mine in the core collection kit online from Amazon for £15 (so much cheaper than buying it in store), however I'm not sure how much the individual brushes are retailed at. 




Next comes the brush I use to blend out my concealer with and it's nothing fancy - just a small stippling brush from Primark. It does the job for me, so right now I don't see the point in paying shit loads for a higher end brush like Sigma. I bought it for only £2 and me being honest here, I have to rate Primark for their brushes because they're actually of great quality. Usually how I tell whether a brush is of terrible quality is if after I wash it, it turns disgusting and is harsh on the skin, therefore un-usable. But it's just the opposite for Primark, surprisingly the brushes are still as smooth as when you first buy them, so I really like my concealer brush as it fits perfectly under my eyes to blend out my concealer and it genuinely really nice.




Same goes for my powder brush. It's also from Primark and I think that I bought it for the same price of £2 too. I don't really want to be repeating myself, so I will just say that I would recommend the brush to someone who is trying to save a little and not just this powder brush, but Primark brushes in general. 




To set my under eyes I use the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation brush, as it's the perfect size to fit under my eyes and to be honest, it was an extra brush that didn't have a use, so the match was kind of coincidental. I needed a brush to set my under eyes and it had no purpose. With all of this being said, it's still a great brush and of great quality. I bought it with the buffing brush, in the core collection set and hopefully, I intend to purchase the eye (purple) and multi - purpose (pink) sets. 




Recently I've gotten into the craze of bronzing and I LOVE IT! And just around the time that it joined into my everyday routine, I started using a new brush too. Unfortunately someone gave my sister a huge brush set (with that brush included) of no brand, which isn't a problem as they're fricking amazing, but it's just really annoying that I can't share all of the deets with you guys and of course I want you guys to know about everything that I'm using and obsessed with, just in case your interested too. Maybe the picture that I uploaded will give you guys an idea of what brand it is, but if not I'm sorry. And to depress you even more, I just have to say that I love the huge size of the brush because it bronzes my skin so quickly and also makes my contour and highlight look really good and noticable. As it was a gift, I don't actually know the price of the brush. 




Contour, contour, contour! What more to say? How about the brush I use *laughing emoji* When I first got into contouring, I used to use the Real Techniques Contour brush, as my cousin raved about it and when I tried it, I loved it, as it got right into the hollows of my cheeks and also, it was in the set I bought. However, as of late, I have been using an angled contour brush from the large set my sister got given and when I saw it, I was a little intrigued at first, but as I started using it more and more, I really liked it because of the fact that it was angled. Like the other brush, it got right into the hollows and just applied the product better and in a set position - I could switch around which side I would face up and down and just overall, it's a really great brush and thankfully, is of a really nice quality. I assumed that after washing it, it would become hard and destroyed, but strangely it feels softer now. 




Let's get that glow glow glow! Highlighting time. I don't know about all of you, but I  do know that this is my fave fave fave part of my makeup routine, I just love how f*****g glowy I look. And also that it lasts foreverrr. Anyway, I use (once again) a brush that I purchased from Primark in a quad set. It's just a really soft brush that applies the product really well. Like it's not one of those brushes that you need to cake the product on because the brush is shit, but luckily my one is fab and does a nice job. 



Finally, the brush that I use for more detailed highlighting (i.e the brow bone, cupid's bow etc) is from The Body Shop and it's their eyeshadow blender brush. I love the size of it, as it fits perfectly for the bridge of my nose and the other places that I use it for. I think it was £10 but I'm not to sure as my sister gave it to me - that's just the price I found online. It's just like all of my other favourite brushes - is amazing to the touch and works really well.



I hope that you all enjoyed reading about some of my fave brushes to use and I hope that you found it helpful and gave you guys some insight into the brushes' world. I'm sorry that some of the brushes were a bit dirty, I promise that I washed them about a week ago but the idea about this post only came to me after using the brushes!


Until next time...


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I think I deffo need to try out these Primark brushes! I have the RT buffing brush but it sheds so much hair, it's so frustrating :( Oh and where did you get the lipstick organisers from? I really need to get my hands on one! Loved reading your review, look forward to another one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely, the brushes I've tried so far from Primark are great so hopefully you'll love them too. It's unfortunate that happens to you, as I love that brush and I got the organiser off of Amazon :) Thank you and I look forward to writing more for you x

      Delete

Blog design by aleelilydesigns