Wednesday 16 December 2015

Buche de Noel Facial Cleanser Review | Lush


Lush Cosmetics has been the store for me when it comes to buying facial cleansers to help maintain my acne levels from blowing up and to keep a good skincare routine going. Over the past year or so, I have purchased 3 cleansing products from them, including the item I'm about to give a review on, the Ocean Salt Scrub and 'Let The Good Time Roll' cleanser. When I was using the Ocean Salt Scrub, I did actually write a mini review on it, so if you're interested in reading it, the link is (here). I can give props to Lush overall for a lot of things, including the fact that they make amazing products, but I love how persuasive their staff are trained to be. As soon as I walk into the store, there's always someone coming up to me asking if I need help and if not that, they're literally on stand-by mode. This lovely worker recommended to me the Buche de Noel (linked here), so I thought I'd pick it up, as I usually trust their opinion, so if you're interested on knowing my personal opinion, then please keep on reading and I hope that you enjoy :)


Lush claims that Buche de Noel is supposed to 'help bring back radiance to wintry skin', using some festive ingredients including: satsumas, cranberries and a dash of brandy. And I can understand why that is mentioned on the summary description, as it's currently winter here in England and it's pretty damn cold, which tends to make your skin drier sadly and stating that would help sell the product, however I don't actually agree with it. Yes I do like the product, as it helps to (barely) exfoliate my face in the morning and night, but I feel like it almost 'wears off' during the day (I have no idea if my point is getting across). I come back from school and I can see the dry patches on my face coming back, some of them already there. 


It does sooth angry skin and balances out my redness, but I feel like the product overall is quite weak. Ironically, the scent is extremely strong, with all of the fruits in it and to be honest, I don't actually like it, as it's quite overpowering. Also when using the cleanser, it's very messy, so if you are a neat person, I would not recommend it. Obviously if you've used Lush cleansers before, you know that you need to mix them with a little bit of water to turn them into a paste, and during the process of applying it to my face, I have the excess running down my arms and the bits of cranberry tends to fall into the sink and I think that the ground almonds are too grounded - as in they're not big enough to exfoliate harshly. My skin does go a lot smoother but unfortunately the texture is still there. With that being said, because it's quite a soft cleanser, you can use it on a daily basis without breaking out, if you have sensitive skin. Also Lush products usually have a "use by" date on the packaging, as they use all natural ingredients and you don't want to be using off ingredients on your face and cleansers generally have 3-4 months labelled on them, and that's good as you don't have to use a lot, so you'll be getting your monies worth. 


Me being quite 'tactical', I only buy the smaller pots as they're half the price (£6.75 ish) and I don't want to be spending £13 on a product that I might not even like. And also Lush do that "bring back 6 pots, and you'll get a free face mask", so I kind of cheat and cut the line by buying smaller pots, which are easier to finish off, and by doing that I can figure out which product I want to repurchase. 


Rating: 6/10


I feel like there are way better facial cleansers out there and are way better at the job. The Buche de Noel is quite festive so I guess it could just be something to use during the Christmas period, but I would not go out of my way to go and repurchase it.



This is the amount I use each time

What my hands look like when mixing the product



This is what the product looks like on my face. It's actually much more liquidy than this picture, you can definitely see the almond milk when you're putting it on - by the time I took the pic, it kind of dried out. #bloggerproblems 


I hope this was helpful to those of you looking for a review on the Buche de Noel facial cleanser. Look out for more posts coming soon and keep updated on my life by following me on instagram, twitter and tumblr (icons on the side) <3



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns