Tuesday 2 September 2014

first OOTD

Hey guys, how are you all? So in the last 7 weeks I've been on holiday to Aberdeen and London - If you've read my last posts, you'd know that. School starts very soon and to be really honest, I'm actually quite excited! I know that may seem odd, as kids love the summer holidays, as do I, but I have been missing school and my friends! I can't believe I'm going to be in year 9, time flies by so quickly! Anyway this post is on my 'first OOTD'!




So when I was in London, my family and I went out to celebrate my cousin on passing her GCSEs! She did really well Masha'Allah!


Anyway on to the actual outfit. I would describe the outfit as quite elegant even though it was all black. It consisted of:


A Black Maxi Skirt // Primark


A Black Body Top // Primark


A Netted Patterned Skirt // Topshop


A Golden Flower Embroidered Head Piece // River Island


A Burgundy Hijab // Whitechapel Market





As you can see from these photos, I'm wearing the netted skirt as a dress, because it didn't fit me around the waist (NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT) and am wearing the plain black maxi skirt underneath, as the 'dress' is see-through. I'm also wearing the plain black body top to cover my arms, since I didn't want to wear a cardigan. To add a bit of colour to the outfit, I decided to wear a burgundy hijab. Jewellery wise, I wore a flower patterned head piece, my watch, a Palestine loomband and a bracelet my cousin bought for me, from Morocco or Egypt (can't remember which of the countries it was). 




As my phone doesn't have a front camera sadly, I took most of these photos on my sister's iPhone 4S. I managed to take some quick snaps in the restaurant we went to, which was good. The food there was great, if you're ever in Ilford, make sure you go there. The restaurant was called Sahan. 

I posted this pic on my Instagram... If you follow me, you'd have seen it. I really liked my outfit that night, I thought that it was quite delicate and elegant. I liked that it wasn't to bright and black is my favourite colour to wear! 



I don't think my cousins would be very happy about this photo being up on my blog, but oh well. In the pic, I know it looks like I'm wearing a skin tight maxi dress, but trust me, I'm not! I think my mum would have chopped my neck off if I was! 


Me and Mahmoodah

Tayyeba, me, Mahmoodah & my sister Ema

I hope everyone enjoyed this post and that I gave enough details about my OOTD. So happy that my laptop's back... I felt truly lost without it! So now that my best friend's back, look forward to more posts. Keep updated with me, with my Instagram & Twitter.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns