Saturday 13 February 2016

Collective Haul | Morphe, Anastasia Beverly Hills & More...


After successfully saving up to over £100 in 2 months, I felt the need to spend a bit of that money and treat myself to some products that I've been wanting to have for forever now. Keeping tabs on what the latest hits have been in the beauty world for the last year or so, my 'makeup I want' list seemed to just be growing and so buying some of the items on that list, seemed like the most logical explanation at the time, to stop the list from eventually taking up the whole of my desktop. A con of living in the UK is that it's quite difficult to get a hand on those oh so popular American brands (basically what this post is on) but thankfully for Beauty Bay, I was able to purchase the necessities. Even though they do have "over 200 brands" they're not exactly the ones that I want and even the ones that I like that are there, they don't sell all of their products for example Anastasia Beverly Hills - they don't sell her liquid lipsticks (which I'm just dying to buy more of). However if you would like to know more of what I finally have my hands on, then please keep on reading and I hope that you enjoy :) 


The Dipbrow Pomade by Anastasia Beverly Hills is probably one of the most used brow products around the world.. some how she was able to formulate something that everybody loves and I'm just so happy that I've finally got one of my own. Now I don't need to stare at those amazing instagram pictures of eyebrows and cry because I don't have what they're using thank the lord! As I mentioned, I bought everything online (Beauty Bay) and I paid £15 for the product and I bought mine in the shade Ebony, which I think may be the second darkest colour. I did do a lot of research into what shade I should get, as I had no way of going to a makeup store and swatching so I just watched a bunch of tutorials and pictures and finally decided. 




Source: @shafia__k on Instagram

Next up is Iced Mocha Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick by Gerard Cosmetics! Having never owned anything from the brand, I was extremely excited to buy something, especially a liquid lipstick since I'm such a huge fan of them. Not only drawn in by the beautiful, mauvey brown shade, but I was really pleased about the price too - only £9.50 (I consider that cheap). The packaging is so sleek and high end looking with a frosty bottle and all :D The doe foot applicator is my fave so I was quite happy that this had one and also it picks up just enough product for me personally, which is a bonus I suppose. I've only worn it once and I love it already so I'll definitely be going back for more!





The stain on my hand has still not gone and it's been two days - I've had a bath and my hand has been in contact with water and soap on several different occasions but it hasn't come off yet. And I also loved that when I ate, I didn't get a lipstick line from the lipstick transferring, which is usually my worst nightmare when wearing anything on my lips. 


Being a teenager, acne is my worst enemy at the moment, as I break out quite often and am left with dark scars on my face (unfortunate I know) and in the hope of helping out a little, I bought the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, as it has been quite popular recently. I've seen a variety of youtubers, ranging from ones with 'perfect' skin and ones with a lot of acne and/or scars using it and raving about the end result, so I thought why not? and paid £12.50 to buy it. The bottle is glass, which I guess can be a con and the actual product is quite cool - I guess the fact that the sediment at the bottom is pink helps me like it even more. (Advised to do before bed) dip a cotton bud through the liquid right to the bottom and then spot it onto your blemishes and let dry over night and DEFINITELY DO NOT SHAKE THE BOTTLE.. you don't want the solution mixing! 


As a perk of spending £50, I got to pick a free gift and I decided on a duo from the same brand Mario Badescu. I got the Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion and the A.H.A Botanical Body Soap as nothing else intrigued me too be honest. They retailed for £5.25 together for 2x30ml. (linked here)



Morphe Brushes is a brand that I've heard to sell amazing amazing amazing quality products for such affordable prices so I thought it was about time that I got my hands on some of their stuff. Even though I don't even have a z-palette or anywhere else in fact to store this item, I still went ahead and bought the Starlight eye shadow which is a beautiful, bright gold shade. I needed to get my order to £50 and I was at £48.50, so I made a spur of the moment decision and just decided to add the item to my cart since it was only £1.95 (SUCH A BARGAIN) and I wasn't willing to buy anything more expensive than that lol I'm so glad that I bought it because it's such a gorgeous colour and I can't wait to wear it!



I also posted this photo to my instagram which is @sumayyahakhter if you wanted to go and follow me there, to keep updated with my life through pictures <3 


I'd like to think that my highlight game is quite strong already but who doesn't want to glow even more am I right? In order to now be like a golden disco ball, I bought the Morphe Brushes fan brush in B8, which is just the perfect size, because it highlights my cheekbones and brow bone perfectly. It was £4.75 and since I've finally started baking, I took it upon myself to follow Jaclyn Hill's word and buy the M438 brush (£7.95), which is actually a pointed contour brush but is liked to set too. I'm yet to use it as I've also began to use the Beauty Blender I got for my birthday to set under my eyes. If you're interested on reading what else I got for my birthday, the post is linked here




Sadly that's all that I bought and the even sadder thing is, is that I'm probably not going to be buying any new makeup anytime soon, so I hope that you enjoyed and please don't forget to follow me.



xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Hi sumayyah! I had a quick question: How did you manage to save up all that money? and have you got any other ways of saving money? thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well too be honest, the amount I save depends on what time of year it is haha I'm usually 'richest' around my birthday, as that is when I get give money. But throughout the rest of the year, I save my lunch money and trust me, every penny counts! I think the best tip I could give is don't spend unnecessarily.

      Delete

Blog design by aleelilydesigns