Sunday 13 September 2015

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation | Review

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. I'm sorry that I haven't been posting frequently, school has just recently started and I've been very busy, but I'm back now with a review that looks very promising. If you read my recent makeup haul, you'll know that I finally purchased the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation and well, I think I love it! If you'd like to know my full opinion on this product and see some pics, please keep on reading and I hope that you find it helpful :) 





So after seeing and hearing a lot of great things about the foundation, I just had to get it and try it out for myself and I guess I got my money's worth. I paid 43 euros for it, as I bought it when I was on holiday in Italy, so that balances out to be £30. The amount of product that you're paying for is pretty normal, as a lot of high end companies charge around the same price. One thing that I love about NARS is their packaging, I just think it's so sleek and classy! The foundation bottle is frosted and has the product "stuck" in the middle, with their simple, bold 'NARS' company name on the front. Also one thing that I'd like to mention is that NARS are very good with their packaging, in the sense that in the actual box that the foundation comes in, the product is protected very well with layers so there's no way that the bottle could smash.


I bought the foundation in the shade Barcelona as that's the shade that the lady matched me to in Sephora and now that I've worn it a good amount of times, I kinda wish I got one shade darker which is Syracuse. It's not that Barcelona looks heavily unmatched or anything, however I feel like Syracuse would look more natural, and because the foundation is quite pricey and has got amazing coverage, I don't feel obliged to go out and purchase another one. I'm kind of glad that I wear hijab because if I didn't I would seriously have a problem with the colour as it would be extremely obvious that the foundation is too light. BUT I guess that's also the reason why bronzers and contour shades were created, to a help a girl out and make her foundation look better! 


Moving onto the actual formula now. The two other foundations that I own (MAC Studio Sculpt in NW30 & Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid in 44 Sun Beige) are both quite thick in consistency, which I like because I feel like it's much easier to work with and with the NARS foundation, it's very liquidy and loose. When you pump it out onto the back of your hand or onto your preferred brush, you have to be quite quick in application to the face, because the foundation can have a tendency to drip and run. 


On the NARS website, they claim that the foundation has a "full, natural looking coverage" and has an "unexpectedly weightless 16 hour wear". The foundation is "highly pigmented and perfectly balanced, it blends effortlessly" and you only need one drop to have a flawless looking face. Too be honest I agree with all of the above. I've worn the foundation on several different occasions now and it has stayed on all day every time. The coverage is absolutely amazing, I literally put it on half of my face and the difference was unbelievable. I really do recommend this product to anybody who's looking for a flawless foundation and has little more to spend and invest in. You only need to use the tiniest amount and if you want the fullest of full coverage, you can definitely build it up with out it looking cakey, as it's so thin in consistency. 






This is the foundation chart for anyone who is curious what the shades look like :)




And this is what the foundation looks like on me :D 




So that's my honest opinion on the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation - I guess I've given it the thumbs up and I really do think you will too if you use it! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! 


Lots of love


Macaroons Makeup & Me x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns