Sunday 23 August 2015

Makeup Haul | MAC, NARS & MORE!

Hey guys welcome back to my blog and sorry for the lack of posts here on Macaroons Makeup & Me! I'm sure most of you who follow me on instagram will have known that I recently was on holiday in Italy and mannnn do I miss the beautiful place. I had the best week there and it was just so good to get away from shitty Swindon. Anyway enough about my trip (I will be sharing a piece about my great time there, so look forward to that) but without further ado, here's today's post. Whilst I was in Italy I visited SEPHORAAAAAAA and I was literally in heaven.. the amount of makeup AND especially seeing the brands that I don't have in England was amazing! I bought a NARS foundation and a couple of items from Kiko, and when I came back, I went on a day trip to Bath Spa with my family and did some shopping in MAC and bought a few things from the Natural Collection. Sooooo read on and I hope you enjoy!


When I found out that Rome had 3 Sephoras' I couldn't wait to go and see what I could get my hands on and when I went to one of the stores, I was immediately drawn to the Makeup Forever section as I've heard such great things about their foundation and was interested. I spoke to the lady working there and she matched me to one of the foundation shades (155 if any of you are wondering) and my mind was 100% made up that I was going to purchase it and then she told me that it was out of stock and my heart literally shattered. I was so desperate to get something right there and then that I went over to the Nars section and she matched me to the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in the shade Barcelona and I bought it. 


However after visiting the other 2 Sephoras and saw that they had the MuFe foundation in stock, I regretted my decision of purchasing the Nars item as I really wanted to buy an American brand that I couldn't get my hands on in the UK but I left the store empty handed as I had already spent 43 euros (£30) on the Nars one. So far since I've had it, I've worn it once and so far so good, however I will be doing a review soon once I've got an actual opinion. 




When I was out shopping in Rome I passed a couple of Kiko stores and I just had to go in and plus there was also a massive sale sign in the window so that kind of justifies my splurge. Everything in there was so cheap and pigmented and it made me both happy and sad because I was in heaven once again but I knew that I wouldn't come across such affordable makeup in a long time and also knew that I wouldn't be able to buy the whole store right there and then - Yes I know, first world problems! I made my way over to the lip liner section and saw that they were all 2 euros, so I had to get some. Believe it or not but I actually hadn't owned a red or dark purple lip liner so it was the perfect opportunity to do so as they were so cheap and pigmented! (sorry about the repetition of words, there's just no other way to describe them :D) I bought the red one in the shade 706 and the purple one in the shade 710 :)







I also bought a dark berry purple lipstick as they were on sale for 3 euros and I chose that colour because, well it's my favourite lip colour to wear and it's gorg. It seems that whenever I go to buy a lipstick, I'm drawn away from all other shades. My sister and I also bought the same lipstick for my mum but in a nudey brown shade as it was her birthday while we were in Rome and we knew that she'd love it. 

So just as we're about to go pay for everything I see that there are some cream highlighters on sale too and 1. I didn't own a cream highlighter and 2. they're supposed to be amazingly pigmented and beautiful on the skin and under powder highlighters so I ended up purchasing one. For only 6 euros it seemed like a bargain as it's such a nice pink champagne and has so much product in the tube! BTW it's in the shade 101 :)









Strange but normal for me, I entered the shop the next day again after purchasing all of the previous items as it was raining heavily and we needed a bit of shelter and because well it was a makeup shop and why go to any other store when you can go into a makeup store? My logic is so great! Anyway I was wondering around the store and too be honest I wasn't allowed to buy anything as I had already had my fix the other day but I had to help my cousin pick out some nail polishes for her sister when I came across this beautiful strawberry milkshake like deep pink shade. I had previously owned a lighter shade of that colour of nail polish but ran out and never had the opportunity to buy another one so as the polishes were only 2 euros I bought it, and that my sister let me buy as she liked it too! 



Finally moving onto the products I bought after I came back from Italy! So it was kind of great actually but after I came home from Rome my cousins came over to stay at my house so we all went on a day trip to Bath Spa and even though the journey to and from there was ridiculously annoying (long story) I had a fab time! I went to NARS funnily enough as my cousin Tanzeela (shout out to you) wanted to get matched to a foundation after trying on mine and then I went to MAC as my intention was to purchase some Fix+ and a paint-pot however I walked out of the store with "Whirl" lipstick!!!!! I knew that MAC had recently extended their matte lip range by creating 'whirl' and 'stone' lip liners into lipsticks and I was obsessed with the colours but completely forgot about them when I went into the store. I wanted to swatch 'velvet teddy' but then I got distracted by 'whirl' lip liner however when I went to ask for it, the lady said it was out of stock, but that they had the lipstick instead. So we ended up buying it :D:D:D:D 







On the way to MAC, we popped into Boots as my other cousin wanted to get the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Rewind concealer after using mine and loving it so she bought it, but whilst she was paying I started to wonder around all of the makeup. I was drawn to the Natural Collection section as they had all of their products on sale for under £2! Nothing really got my eye however I saw that they had some really nice lip liner shades and even though I had already bought some prior to the shopping trip in Italy, I bought some more anyway! Lately I've really been loving my browns so I bought two different shades called Mulberry and Cinnamon and a purple called Plum.







Anyway that's all I've recently got my hands on and hopefully when I've saved up again another haul shall be coming your way. Keep your eyes open for my NARS foundation review and thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoyed! 


Love of love


Macaroons Makeup & Me x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns