Saturday 25 July 2015

How To: STROBE!


Hey guys welcome back. So today I'm going to share with you all how to strobe. And I'm sure you're thinking what is this "strobing" term that has taken over the makeup industry? Well let me enlighten you.. It's essentially the new contouring (not that I will ever stop contouring) but all it really is is over the top, too the extreme highlighting. Now I've always been a fan of highlighting and contouring my face, so this is kind of the perfect opportunity to play with one technique more than the other. If you'd like to know what I use to make my face glow and how to achieve that look please keep on reading and enjoy! P.S I hope to carry on this HOW TO series :) 


Now I'm sure you're all aware that Kim K owns contouring like nobody else but what you might not know is that her highlight is always on fleek too! Recently the makeup world has gotten obsessed and all you see is highlight, highlight, highlight. Here is a picture that Kim shared with the world as to how she gets her perfect glowing face and this is how I intend to show you all too. 



Now what you want to start of doing is see where the sun hits your face naturally and from the picture above, you get quite a good idea. You want to highlight any part of your face that you want to come forward so you can accentuate the area. I would want to add the highlight to the middle centre of your forehead, down the bridge of your nose, your inner corners, on your cheekbones, cupids bow, on the centre of your chin, above the arch of your eyebrow and the brow bone (that's not in the pic above). The strobing that Kim's doing above is more of a base highlight, not with a glittery powder or anything, that's why it's okay that's she taken it all over her face, however if we did that we'd look like a disco ball. 



Here's a picture to explain everything in 1 second :):):)


If you have a cream highlight, I would advise you to use that before the powder because it will let everything else stick to it and make your highlight much more vibrant. And be careful not to take your highlight too down to the centre of your cheek, because if you have pores, the highlight will let that show more than you want to and well, I'm sure you don't want your breakouts showing. 


The cream for my base that I like to use is from the Cream Contour Kit by Anastasia Beverly Hills and I like using that because it's really pigmented and highly recommended by everyone in the makeup industry and for my powder highlight, as I don't have a cream glitter one, is between the Sleek highlighter that usually comes in the contour duo and the Makeup Revolution Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights.  




This is kind of a crap quality snapchat selfie but it really does show the highlight come through all the spots that you want it to!









Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns