Monday 7 March 2016

February Favourites.


I mean let's just pretend like I actually uploaded a January Favourites post last month just to make me feel better and more productive when we all know I didn't unfortunately. I was quite busy and tbh it didn't really come to mind to whip something up, as I was mainly focused on school and there were no new products that I fell in love with. As opposed to the month of February however, where I was introduced to a few new products or actually had the time to really like them. If you'd like to know more about these beautiful items, then please keep on reading and I hope that you enjoy!


First let's talk about the 'primer' that Nikkie Tutorials has got everyone in the beauty world OBSESSED with and when I say OBSESSED, I genuinely mean OBSESSED because the product is the bomb.com (you can take my word for that). The Nivea Men Post Shave Balm in sensitive is the only product I have been using for the last two months as my primer because that glycerin has got some fucking magic in it... My makeup stays on for 10+ hours (and yes I've had my makeup on for that long some days) and honestly nothing on my face budges. The best part is that you get a such a huge amount of product for such an affordable price - I got mine from Bodycare for like £3. And for those of you who are confused about the glycerin comment, the post shave balm has glycerin as the second most used ingredient and glycerin essentially makes things stick to it, which is great for makeup lovers. There's not much to say about it, other than make sure that if you do decide to pick it up, make sure to get the SENSITIVE one, as I've heard the normal one can burn and the results may differ :)




Next up is something from one of my favourite brands ever, even though I've only previously had one item from them, but I loved it so it's all good haha. I finally got my hands on the Dipbrow Pomade by Anastasia Beverly Hills which I have been dying for forever now. I really can see all the hype and I can't believe that I didn't pick it up any sooner. I've got mine in the shade Ebony and if you've read my 'Collective Haul' (linked here), you'll know that it took me forever to pick the perfect shade. I'm glad that I decided on Ebony because it's not too dark or too light and I can always fix things with a darker powder, which is the good thing. You only have to use the smallest amount and the product is so pigmented and well the packaging is just GORGEOUS! I purchased mine for £15 online from Beauty Bay.


Source: @shafia__k on instagram

Another product that I've been dying to have is the Beauty Blender and thanks to my sister, I now have it as she bought it for my 15th birthday. If you haven't read my Birthday Presents Haul (linked here), then go and check it out to see what else I got. Who would've thought that a tiny pink sponge would be such a staple item in a girl's makeup kit? Because I sure as hell wouldn't have. Once again, I can totally see the hype now and can understand why girls say that they use it everyday because if I did wear makeup everyday, I would totally use it all the time. It just blends your makeup so beautifully and can be used for so many different things like blending and setting. I got mine from Amazon for only £12! 


Speaking of setting, I have been in love with the Ben Nye Banana Powder to help set my face and to prevent myself from getting too oily through out the day. More than just setting, I like to use the so finely milled loose powder to bake my face, specifically under my eyes and around my mouth to prevent creasing and under my contour to clean it up. It does a great job, however the only CON with this product and any loose powder to be honest, is the fact that it's really messy and just a tip: don't wear black when trying to set or bake (it's not a good idea). My sister bought this for me as one of my birthday presents and she purchased it off Amazon for around £11. 



Moving onto a clothing item that I recently picked up from the H&M men's section (because I love their clothes more js). It's this 'huge oversized' khaki jumper with the message UNDO THE FUTURE on the back and I love love love it so much.  I wore it out to my 'Street Style Shoot' (linked here for more pics) and it was honestly so comfy to wear. Part of the reason I loved it so much was because it was rather long, which is good for those halal shawties (ygm Muslims) even though I am far from short lol and I think if I bought my real size it would be normal, but I decided to get XL (ik ik) and the arms were so bloody long, I had to roll them up so much but in the end the outfit came out just fine. Rambling too much, but I'm sure you guys get the message that you should go and get your own - It was only £11 :)




I don't usually do this but I think this song deserves a mention because I have been listening to it none stop for the last 2 months on repeat. IDFC by Blackbear has my heart - it's just such a nice chill/vibe song, probably relatable bc it is to me and I think that it deserves a listen (linked here for y'all).


That's it for now but one thing that I need to mention on here is that... I FINALLY MADE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL YAY PLEASE GO AND SUBSCRIBE (linked HERE) I will be uploading videos on basically everything beauty guru-ish, so tutorials, Q&As, lookbooks, hijab tutorials and hopefully vlogs if I'm feeling it! 



FOLLOW ME:
INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | TUMBLR


XOXO

1 comment:

Blog design by aleelilydesigns