Saturday 30 January 2016

15TH BIRTHDAY PRESENTS HAUL


"MUSLIMS DON'T CELEBRATE BIRTHDAYS, YOU'RE HARAM..." - what I got told by a little year 7 boy on my birthday, when I was outside my french class. And I was by far not offended lol, it was actually quite funny, I couldn't stop laughing. Now I understand that birthdays are not celebrated in Islam, as it is not part of the religion and the Prophet (SAW) didn't do it and I understand that it is a cultural thing but the religion doesn't forbid cultural practises as long as they don't conflict with Islamic principles. Some families may not agree with the birthday celebrations and too be honest, mine don't 'do it big' either, we just like to get each other gifts and show our love and appreciation, and that is what this post will be about- simply what I got! If you'd like to know what I received, then please keep on reading and I hope that you enjoy :)


I don't know if what I got what would be considered a lot or less, but I just want to say that I'm in no way trying to brag or gloat, instead I am very grateful and am just sharing with you all what I got as it's a very popular topic on my blog and was highly requested. I'm also sorry if I don't write a massive paragraph about the gift that you got me (if you're even reading this lol) or even mention the gift in this post <3


I'll start off with what I got from my sister and even though I already knew what I was kind of getting, I was still so excited when I got home. 



Just a little self promo, but if you don't follow me snapchat yet, you really should - my username is @sumayyahakhter :) My sister got me the original Beauty Blender (linked here), which I have been wanting for so long and also the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso (linked here). With me being obsessed with the beauty world now more than ever, these two products have been raved about for ages and I've had them in my amazon basket for a while, so I kind of figured that my sister would get them for me. I also was dying for the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder (linked here), and if you read my BIRTHDAY WISHLIST (linked here) you'd have known, but I didn't end up getting that but instead the Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Banana (linked here). I do appreciate that my sister actually did do a lot of research into this and found out that a lot of people really like this one over the LM powder and I'm very happy that I finally have a loose powder, but I will be getting the LM one soon. 






Now she's a bit sly when she did this but in the gift box she put two Mac lipsticks in there, Sin and Stone. She's actually been wanting Sin herself for sooooo long and she sneakily added it into my presents, but it's actually for the both us lol. And I told her that I've really been wanting Stone so ta-da, I now have it! 






My mum also gave me £40!!!! YAY :D The brother who I share my birthday with (happy 22nd birthday lol) messaged me and told me that he's bought me a present but hasn't posted it yet, so I shall be getting something else from a family member but it won't be apart of this post. Maybe if it's worthy of an insta post, i might upload a picture haha. Be sure to follow me on there @sumayyahakhter. 


Now onto what I got from my fantabulous friends. As my birthday was on a Friday, I was also at school so I got all my presents given to me then and I was legit dying carrying all of the gift bags and balloon that my bestie Aayushi got me! They got me quite a bit of stuff, so I probably won't be mentioning everything, but know that I loved them! 


As per my request, my friend Tatiana got me two Lush products, that I can't wait to use! Product number 1 was The Comforter Shower Cream (linked here), which smells absolutely divinnnneee and product number 2 was the Sakura bath bomb (linked here), which gives off such a lovely floral fragrance. I also got 3 different eye shadow palettes - Maybelline the Nudes, the MUA Rhapsody and the Sleek Makeup Vintage Romance palette. They are all so gorgeous and pigmented as hell! 



I now know that my best friend Sumayyah actually listens to me when I talk to her because once I mentioned that it would be so cool to have an emoji pillow, especially the poo one and well guess what? She bought me it!!! It's so warm, I love it!




She also got me this really cute black jewelry holder, that you can hang up and then put your necklaces and things on. My friend Amber bought me these adorable nail files that have emojis on and also A Little Mermaid bag from the Disney store, that I'll most likely use to store my makeup in. 



My friends know that I love to pamper myself, so they bought me some shower and bath items from Soap & Glory, Dirty Works and Grace Cole, along with a couple of face masks. 




Sumayyah also got me this HUGE candle which has the scent of Winter Pines lol Christmas bargain? Haha just joking :) I quite like the smell of it, but I'm yet to burn it! She also bought me this beautiful black clutch, which I'll defo be getting a lot of uses out of. And finally from her (the list never ends), she got me these really cute slippers from a Baylis and Harding set, with more bath stuff in it. 




Some of the cards that I got on the day - lol you can't even see all of them but don't worry, I loved each and every one of them, especially those that came with the sweetest messages, like my sister's, Sumayyah's and Aayushi's <3 





I went out to a birthday dinner in the evening with my family to Wagamama's because it's my fave place ever! The two pics above are just showing my #ootd (barely) and a 'stupid' selfie lol 


That was it for my 15th - I felt super blessed and still do alhamdulillah and I can't wait for next year.. BRING IT 1-6! 


Don't forget to follow me on:


Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns